Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Grateful




Open window, sunlight, whir of bird feathers. 
Shadow of a pigeon darts across the windowsill, slides on the white gloss. 
Out on the grass the mist has left her marbles, dropped them in a bright scatter as she left, as she hastened to the river. Over the broad water she lets go of everything, she unbecomes. 
Choruses of birds sing and their sound spins out melodic, avant-garde. 
The crop fields are ploughed, earthy and rich-dark. 
In a grazing field four horses flick tails and chew up sparkling grass. Somewhere a tractor rumbles.
In each detail, gratitude.






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful lines.
    Have a nice day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful description. Peaceful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Over the broad water she lets go of everything, she unbecomes."

    I love that sentence, Lisa !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of my grandparents places when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exactly the right place for grandparents to live - and for children's memories to be made :-)

      Delete
  5. I love your imagery--the birdsong "melodic, / avant-garde" and "our horses flick tails and chew up sparkling grass." So vivid, I can see and hear almost every line. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be awkward not to be inspired by these surroundings :-)

      Delete

Thank you for reading my words- my chance to read yours here: