Friday, 30 January 2015

Morning Vignette



Rain falls in blue grey thick twists. It falls so loud there are no other sounds.
The water-ropes fray, let loose the gold sun, the birdsong. One tractor rolls, sprays mud.
It had rained all night. Drop-thud on the lean-to roof was our lullaby.
Clouds smudge the sun to a silver light.
Cold invokes weariness.
Steam from a kettle, smell of coffee brewing.
Pressing hands around warm mugs.
Rain falls in blue grey thick twists. It falls so loud there are no other sounds.





6 comments:

  1. Drop-thud in the moisty morning; perfect reason to return to a snug bed, coffee and newspaper in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dog disagrees but I see your point :-)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I could feel that rain and mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes there is a universal quality in the weather over you. I'm almost ready to believe our minds begin some distance from our actual bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Head in the clouds' as they say; I always took that as a compliment :-)

      Delete

Thank you for reading my words- my chance to read yours here: