Despite my intermittent access to blogtime recently, a triple whammy of awards has accumulated. I hope to accept them all without doing too much work (which laziness I can thankfully blame on a protracted house moving experience) or compromising humility.
Thank you very much for sharing these with me, Unikorna and Carolyn, you are both most splendidly generous and appreciated.
Please find them here:
Two of my cache come from Unikorna:
"The Fabulous Blog Ribbon" and the "Lovely Blog Award".
Both awards require an honorable mention of the one who bestowed the award, followed by 7 nominations of bloggers suitable for the distinction. The Fabulous Blog Ribbon also compels to disclose 5 fabulous moments of your life.
And for the Liebster Award from Carolyn:
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves
2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
I am going to cheat, of course, by amalgamating all of the requirements and by supporting the nominations already made:
1. She is one of two pseudonyms.
2. Her right foot is held together by what looks (in the x-rays) like three woodscrews.
3. She is full of calm advice but is still a rubbish patient.
4. She has birthed two children using only taboo words as pain relief.
5. The worst job she ever did was hand packing frozen sand eels.
6. She honestly believes that the ‘occasional’ over indulgence is a wholesome way to stay humble. (Even if you have just scooped three awards. Aha! Apple wine it is!)
7. As a child, rarely wore shoes: could run barefoot over gravel without flinching. Used to love watching tourists mincing over pebbles on the beach.
8. Has been chased up a tree by vicious cows (Limosin-Devon Ruby Red crossbreed, known as The Battlecows) and whilst there witnessed her angry husband pass water on a cow’s head. This vision, whenever thought of, brings much laughter.
9. Has been naked in public twice: once on a nudist beach, once in a thick sea fog.
10. Is currently moving house and very much idolising the end of the process.
1. How long have you been blogging?
Under the twelve month mark.
2. Why did you start up a blog?
Because I always write, and am on a mission to put fresh eyes in your head. Fresh eyes are a key ingredient for the metaphorical Wishbone Soup.
3. What has been your weirdest experience with blogging?
Nothing more dramatic than pressing ‘Publish’ the very first time. Suddenly I wasn’t alone, I didn’t know if I would like it.
4. What is your favorite book?
The dictionary I’ve had since I was eleven.
5. Who is your favorite author?
There is a roomful of them. In this room I am such a flighty butterfly. You should see how Jane Austen is eyeing up Henry Miller though.
6. What do you want to be when you grow up/what is your profession?
I teach Tae Kwon Do, and write and draw (and don’t earn very much.)
7. How many books do you think you might have?
Less than before moving house, although I don’t have to own a book, I’m happy to borrow. Libraries are the best indoor places.
8. Do you prefer reading a proper book or a ebook?
Not curled up with an ebook yet- my gadgets are more in the line of cutting tools and wind-up torches. Maybe I would like it, but I would miss the physical act of turning real paper.
9. If you could choose to live one character's life in a book, who would it be?
Little My from the Moomintroll series.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 10 items would you want to have with you?
Ten items seems like a lot! 1: Billhook or machete. 2: A shed. 3: Coffee plants. 4: Magic notebook that never runs out of paper 5: Magic pen that never runs out of ink. 6: A postal service. 7: A flint for fire lighting. 8: Mosquito net. 9. A good strong pan. 10: Water container, large.
Mynx from http://littlemynx.wordpress.com/
Suzanne from http://suzannebean.blogspot.com
Alida from http://myitaliankitchen.blogspot.com
Gary from http://klahanie.blogspot.com
Launa from http://lettersfromlaunna.blogspot.com
Christine from http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com
http://lesliepugh.blogspot.com/ Leslie Pugh
http://creativelyspiltink.blogspot.com/ MJ Mickelson
http://grumpybulldog.blogspot.com/ PT Dilloway
Well, there’s the end of my little bit of graciously accepting escapism: back to the next round of unpacking and finding spaces. After a GARGANTUAN coffee.