T: Time, the Art of


The Wishbone Alphabet – an experiment, of course, with attitude, life and the eponymous soup.



‘Time is the sole capital of people whose only fortune is their intelligence.’
Honore de Balzac

I’ve put down the 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue- literally, and in this house that means it might be a few days before I find it again. Meanwhile I’ve gone back to the rediscovery of a shelf of books I picked up, long, long ago, in a college, far, far away (by train.) One of these is called The Art of Time.

‘We think much more about the use of money, which is renewable, than we do about the use of time, which is irreplaceable,’ Jean-Louis Servan-Schrieber explains, on the front cover. I think, and my lifestyle will back me up here, that I have always been more time orientated.

Last week I pretended to eat a brick and then sick it back up again. Baby chortled so much she couldn’t sit up, like hilarity trebled gravity, it took her down flat to a horizontal whole bodied laugh. Then I think, but I would like to take you to the zoo, when you are the right age for shrieking at monkeys. One cannot pay the zoo admission, currently, without cash. So, a bit of attention to money can improve the experiences available, if you have time. Therefore, there is a balance to be found. I have the book poised, in hope. 


Comments

Jaime said…
This is such a great post. It makes me smile thinking of you & your baby laughing together. I'll have to check out that book, too.
Lisa Southard said…
Thank you Jaime- the book is a good reminder of how we should value our time- Baby is actually my granddaughter, who I look after while my daughter is at work - no less cute to have Baby & Granma laughing, of course, just feel like I should own up! :-)
Teresa Cypher said…
Amazing the things we will do to get giggles out of a baby. And no sound of joy is every quite so sweet in all our lives--as the sound of a baby's belly-giggle! We can't help but giggle in return. Have you ever noticed that we stop giggling like that as we grow up, Lily? We get these odd grown-up laughs... :-)

Wonderful post. Eating a brick :-)
Lisa Southard said…
Babies are the best at laughing, that's a fact! :-)
Suze said…
That image ... Dear God, life is good.
Lisa Southard said…
What does is say about me that I read 'that image' and looked to the monkey!! Between Dog and Baby I get plenty of reminding that life is indeed good :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Pants Conundrum

The Invisible Importance Of Hats

A: Appreciation For Apples