M: Miracle Mindset




The Wishbone Alphabet – an experiment, of course, with attitude, life and the eponymous soup.


Deliberating misusing the word ‘miracle’ to describe the acknowledgment of a unique or universal quality of a particular moment is my gentle protest against the way such moments are undervalued.
Simple, ordinary things, if acknowledged, increase appreciation, make life happier, encourage a centred happiness over the chasing of unsustainable euphoria, although it makes exhilaration easier to acknowledge too, bringing a reflective quality to high and low points.
People don’t necessarily choose to overlook the meaningful, only too often the definition of success centres on the external stuff.
You may have been asked to describe a sunset, for example, but have you been asked to marvel at it, to be transformed by the universal beauty of it? Would that get you a better standing in society- please take a minute here to imagine a society in which your ability to love a sunset made you upwardly mobile…I am being a bit ridiculous of course, but all to purpose.

A little comedy helps, though some of the most deeply important miracle moments have no laughter in them.

When someone you love dies, that is a significant instance- you wouldn’t say you treasured it, but you couldn’t really fail to acknowledge the magnitude.
In death, the value of life is truly apparent. Which is the crux of everything I do- one day this will be gone, and you will have done what you’ve done, seen what you’ve seen, said what you’ve said; will you have appreciated your life, your actions, your experiences?


If you can face the abyss with a smile, maybe that’s the defining point of a successful life.






Comments

Lisa Southard said…
I wasn't overly pleased with this post- so I've done another one to explain why! But thank you Fran :-)
Hi...I'm hopping over from the A to Z challenge...lovely blog...good luck with the challenge!

Donna L Martin
www.donasdays.blogspot.com
Suze said…
Lil, I can't imagine not being pleased with this post ...
Lisa Southard said…
I think I might have some mid-alphabet madness!
A Very Big Thank You for your comments, I feel better already. Looking at it again, I think this post says Why I Do, and the next one, What I Do. One doesn't feel right without the other:
'A task without a vision is but drudgery
A vision without a task is but a dream
A task with a vision is the hope of the world'
(Can't recall the source, a church inscription I think, but I love this!)

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Pants Conundrum

The Invisible Importance Of Hats

A: Appreciation For Apples