D: Dance, With Danger


The Wishbone Alphabet – an experiment, of course, with attitude, life and the eponymous soup.


If I can’t dance I don’t want to be part of your revolution. Emma Goldman.


There may be a squillion different dance forms, or not, I’ve never tried counting them.  I do my own kind. Dancing, in my favourite form, is something to throw your self into, with complete mental and physical abandon, like a toddler on a bouncy castle after a bottle of cheap fizzy pop and a bag of tartrazine sweets. It is expressive, joyful, delirious, irrational, fantastical stuff. Dancing has broken many light shades in my house, and caused some of my most fabulous bruises. It doesn’t have to be dancing, but everyone should have something they let themselves go into, something that isn’t drinking or smoking or an external stimulant. It is something that should flow outwards; flow and be flung out, even if it destroys the lampshade. It should destroy the lampshade. After my revolution, destroying lampshades with dancing will become the national sport. 


Comments

Catherine Stine said…
I adore dancing, and it's a major source of exericise for me. Have to say, I have not yet danced while destroying a lampshade!
Lisa Southard said…
Impromptu leaping and small rooms! :-)
Inger said…
I'm not a dancer, couldn't find that beat. But I totally agree with you, it is a wonderful thing to be able to do with abandon. Good for you!
Lisa Southard said…
If no-one's looking Inger, it doesn't matter if you can't find the beat! Singing and laughing are good alternatives for the non-dancer I think :-)
Jaime said…
I admire that you can let yourself go like this. It's a beautiful way to live your life. Loved your post & photo.
Dance on, Dancer Lady. May the lampshades take care of themselves.
Stephanie V said…
Dancing is the best exercise because it's not rally exercise at all. It's fun!
Unknown said…
You are right, everyone needs something to let loose about. I wish I could dance. Mine is more singing, when I'm in my car alone it's like a private concert.

Just A Nice Girl
Ishta Mercurio said…
I love to dance. I love it so much I majored in it in college.

Never. Stop. Dancing.

Here's to more broken lampshades!
Lisa Southard said…
Danced on crutches when I broke my foot- don't think I could stop if I tried! I also sing, in private- not especially gifted with vocal skills... I love this picture of my daughter- she is quite grown up now and still dancing :-)
Anonymous said…
Love it.
Let's proceed to the revolution post-haste! Destroy the lampshades!!!

Enjoying the A to Z Challenge and meeting new bloggers! Keep up the good work!
Lisa Southard said…
Thank you Paula- hope your Tween still likes to dance- I hate it when they get self conscious xx

Popular posts from this blog

Contact Pants Conundrum

The Invisible Importance Of Hats

A: Appreciation For Apples